Building Regulations

Some works to your home may require building regulation approval.  This can be anything from an extension or loft conversion to removing an internal wall or replacing windows.  Items like windows may be done under a contractors scheme such as FENSA but other items may require an application.  Building Regulations usually apply to works that required planning consent but often they are also required where planning is not.

We can assist with the following:

  • advise whether building regulation approval is required

  • completion of drawings and notes to accompany an application for consent

  • submission of the application

Building Regulation appications can be submitted in many ways:

  1. Building Notice - this is a 48hr working day notice to inform the Council you wish to start works after two working days.

  2. Full Plans Application - a submission of all the working details to the Council in which they usually respond with approval or conditional consent within 6-8 weeks.

Alternatively you can submit your proposals to an 'Approved Inspector' rather than the Council.

Homebuyers Surveys ¦ Building Surveys ¦ Party Walls ¦ Design ¦ Specification ¦ Maintenance Plans ¦ Project Management ¦ Defect Diagnosis ¦ Dilapidations


692 Wimborne Road, Bournemouth BH9 2EG


T: 01202 900 500

  • facebook
  • Twitter Clean
Google Verified Reviews
really moving blake surveyors bournemout